Ways that you can support your child this term:
- Ideally, the children should be reading aloud or sharing a book for approximately 10 minutes each night. Please do not underestimate the importance of discussing and sharing books with your child, even if they are competent readers. Children need to bring their reading book to school every day. If you have misplaced your 'helpful reading questions' bookmark, please let me know and I will happily provide you with the questions.
- Extra time tables practise always makes a huge difference! The children should already know their x2, x5 and x10 tables, but extra consolidation of these at home would be useful. We have also now looked at our 3x, 4x and 8x tables so extra practise of these would also help. Practise doesn't have to be written down - a quick quiz in the car on the way to school is perfect! :)
- New spelling lists will be given out on a Friday to be tested on the following Thursday. ‘Look, Say, Cover, Write and Check’ is a great strategy, but as every child learns spellings in a different way, please choose the strategy that works for your child.
- Maths homework will be sent home on a Friday to be returned the following Thursday.
- Project homework for this term has been sent home on 24/4/18, to be returned by 21/5/18. Please complete one task from each section. Many thanks for your support with this :)