Well done to all staff for making the journey into school today! Also a huge thank you to those who came to help clear the snow - it was much appreciated.
Working conditions were rather difficult as the pipes are all frozen so there is no water - but we battled on regardless!
The school will be checked later this evening and early tomorrow morning to see if the pipes have thawed. If we have running water we intend to open - if the pipes are still frozen we will be forced to remain closed.
If we are closed - you will be notified by text before 7.45am tomorrow morning.
If we are able to open the following will be necessary:
1. No Earlybirds in the morning - we hope to run Nightingales after school . Early birds will be open on Thursday morning weather and water permitting.
2. Children to wear warm clothes, extra socks and wellies. Please bring a change of clothes and indoor shoes.
3. Registers will remain open until 10 o'clock to allow extra time for travel if needed.
4. The 'D' is very dangerous today and difficult to drive on. If the rain doesn't come and the ice doesn't thaw, this area would be best avoided in the morning. We will have staff our on the green in the morning to help children in safely.
5. The children will enter and exit school through the Main Entrance tomorrow as the playground is currently an ice rink. If warm enough we will play out on the field which is much safer. We will walk classes down to the main gate after school so please wait on the green.
6. Lunches should be available as usual.
Hopefully our removal firm will arrive tomorrow and begin the relocation. Work continued at the new site today and some deliveries got through!
I will update you with any further information as it becomes available.